Entry-Level Power System Engineer
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: An entry-level Power System Enigneer at G&W may perform a variety of technical and commercial roles, including engineering design for new & existing products; relay programming and distribution grid automation; power system simulation and analysis; development of technical & functional specifications and engineering standards for medium and high-voltage products.
- Research market needs, identify product gaps and initiate new product development programs.
- Oversee development of a rolling 1-year tactical plan for new products and measure execution.
- Design logic, program relays and controllers, and test systems as required for projects.
- Develop flexible program templates and software solutions that can be combined with hardware for customizable product packages.
- Perform engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents.
- Designs PCBs, wiring harnesses, control systems etc. for electrical protection products.
- Understand and actively manage system level design requirements for Medium Voltage switchgear per specifications and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus in Power Systems
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor