- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Reporting to the Global Director of Molding Operations and Technology, responsible for all EPOX Engineering and Technology for Advanced Molding Manufacturing Processes as well as managing and leading the team within this group . Additionally, this role collaborates and supports Director of Ops and Technology to achieve departmental goals. This position is crucial in driving the continuous improvement activities and delivering world-class operations excellence.
- Assume responsibility for all engineering disciplines in the Advanced Molding department. Engineering disciplines include Advanced Process Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Advanced Tooling and Six Sigma.
- Utilize the tools of Problem Solving, Lean, Six Sigma, and other Continuous Improvement Processes to create a culture of world-class Operational Excellence.
- Develop capabilities for implementing and driving continuous improvement strategies within Molding department to achieve overarching business strategy.
- Actively works with New Product Development group in launching new products and bringing new innovative manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate, decide and recommend key critical projects improving the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics for the department.
- Drive the world-class culture of quality with PFMEA, Control plans and other quality documents to ensure the consistency and quality of processes with up to date information.
- Translates and documents performance improvements to financial values that align with corporate goals.
- Communicates and co-coordinates all Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the organization to interested parties of varying technical knowledge levels from Directors to Engineers to Operators.
- Support production with capacity increase projects through innovative manufacturing processes as well as new purchases.
- Develop employee’s work skills to improve department’s throughput and reduce scrap/rework through trainings and communications.
- Conform with EMS policies and procedures, which includes applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support training for new employees on EMS procedures, work instructions, standard work and records.
- Create and monitor OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) at a departmental level and detailed process level.
- BS in Engineering.
- 10+ years of Engineering experience in manufacturing with progressive responsibility managing direct reports in an operations environment.
- Experience in Molding
- Computer proficient and confident with MS office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understands department budget management.
- Advanced analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate others through excellent leadership skills.
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Strong Engineering Management experience.
- Leadership experience with examples of building high performance teams and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong experience of managing and driving innovation through manufacturing excellence projects.
- Problem solving experience using standard tools and methods such as 8-steps, DMAIC or similar root-cause analysis methods.
- Six-Sigma black belt or green belt experience is a plus.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor