Electronic Tech. I (2:00pm 10:30pm)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Electronic Technician I
Assemble, troubleshoot, and test moderately complex electronic assemblies. This is a 2nd shift position (2:00pm-10:30pm).
- Assemble junction boxes, electronic controls, and other assemblies per mechanical and electrical drawings
- Install and test completed electronic assemblies
- Act as an inspector for final electronics checkout
- Interact with manufacturing to ensure proper installation and test of completed electronic assemblies
- Participate in wiring diagram / interconnect drawing reviews
- Troubleshoot electronic assemblies for production and aftermarket support
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of moderately complex electronic assembly tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret Drawings and Bills of Material
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have working knowledge of wiring diagrams, interconnect drawings / ladder logic, schematics and Gerber files
- Able to bench troubleshoot wiring utilizing available diagrams and drawings and discrete circuits containing relays, diodes, transistors, capacitors, resistors and DC battery chargers utilizing schematics and Gerber files
- Knowledgeable in the usage of millimeters and power supplies
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics or other electronics related discipline, or the equivalent combination of work experience and skill development
- 1-2 years in a technician capacity
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor