Electrical Engineer I, New Product Development
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
- Perform engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents
- Understand and actively manage system level design requirements for Medium Voltage switchgear per specifications and standards. Design to reduce variation while also promoting error-proof assembly.
- Builds and tests prototype components; creates the test plan and writes test report
- Assists with the development of project budgets and schedules; completes Product Realization Stage Gate requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-3 years progressive experience in engineering design and/or development which includes
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling
- Experience working on highly technical and involved projects. Desire to be challenged with new problems.
- ???????Technical knowledge in the following categories:
- Motor operators, current and voltage sensing, impact of grounding and voltage surges, and powers systems.
- Analog and digital circuit board design.
- SPICE software or equivalents
- ???????Able to use soldering iron and appropriate small hand and power tools.
- Able to write technical documents such as test reports, engineering standards and technical papers.
- Experience with DFMEA strongly preferred
- ProE/Creo and Finite Element Analysis experience
- Knowledge of medium/high voltage electrical power systems
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor???????