Development Engineer (Firmware & Hardware)
- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role is responsible for embedded system hardware and firmware development through cross-functional team collaboration.
• Responsible for new product development, testing and sustaining of embedded microcontroller for power electrical industry
• Work closely with senior embedded product engineer and subcontractors
• Assist development and test of various hardware and firmware of control products
• Perform engineering analysis, troubleshooting and root cause analysis on the new and existing products
• Perform experimental and certificate tests in outside labs
• Develop product specification, project plan, component requirements, test check sheet and production documents
• Build and test prototype components or assemblies. Analyze test results and prepare test reports
• Document and maintain routine project updates, reviews and reports per project schedule
• Experience managing full cycle of design projects, from concept design to production release
• Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and assemblies.
• Provide engineering support to Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Quality on new and existing products and processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years progressive experience in Electronics or Engineering design and/or development which includes
o Experience working on highly technical projects. Desire to be constantly challenged with new problems
o Effectively communicate; prepare presentations and update reports
o Good understand of electronic design, such as power supply, microcontroller, digital circuit hardware design, analog circuit hardware, current and voltage sensing,
o Working experience on software development C and C++ for embedded systems.
o Diagnostic and troubleshooting capability
• Able to write technical documents, like test reports, engineering standards and technical papers
• Familiar with oscilloscopes, meters, electronics test equipment in lab and production environments.
• Hardware and firmware
• Experience with PPAP, DFMEA and DFM
• Experience with products for power electrical industry or others in harsh working environments
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
• General Office and Test Lab Environment, PC use
• Stooping/Bending, squatting/kneeling – occasional
• Traveling occasionally
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
G&W offers the following benefits:
- Generous Profit Sharing with RRSP Program paid quarterly
- 17 paid days including Christmas shutdown and vacation
- Annual performance increases
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (all paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Succession Planning
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, and many more.
- And many more…….
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.