- Job Function:
- Information Technology
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
The Cybersecurity Lead is responsible for enterprise-wide information security policy, strategy, architecture, operations, risk management, audit compliance and incident response. Responsibilities include risk assessments to identify security vulnerabilities, and the remediation of identified vulnerabilities to protect corporate data and information technology assets. This role also oversees and leads the execution of security initiatives working with executive staff, and functional leaders including human resources, legal, audit, finance, engineering, and IT.
- Develop and implement security policies, standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Assess risks, establish controls and ensure security compliance aligned to a cybersecurity framework
- Manage varying levels of risk tolerance and exposure across the organization; prioritize remediation initiatives based on a risk versus reward strategy that drives investment decisions
- Coordinate processes and procedures related to physical security, business continuity & disaster recovery planning, incident response, risk mitigation, data privacy, and audit compliance
- Conduct vulnerability audits, risk assessments and penetration tests to identify security threats and vulnerabilities
- Implement processes and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards; work with responsible parties to ensure timely mitigation
- Create and manage performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of new and existing cybersecurity capabilities, tools, and services
- Report cybersecurity performance against metrics; measure overall maturity of program
- Establish employee security awareness program and ensure all employees are trained
- Coordinate cybersecurity incident response in event of a security breach
- Coordinate responses to customer cybersecurity assessments
- Develop business cases for proposed solutions and manage approved projects
Team Leader: advises and coordinates team efforts to completion; answers questions functioning as an expert resource; maintains assignment completion schedules. Performs the same tasks as others within the team along with some higher-level tasks.
Project Leader/Manager: Plans and organizes the resources necessary to complete a project utilizing the necessary principles, techniques, and tools used in planning, control, monitoring, and review of projects.
- Bachelors degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, MIS, or related
- 5 to 7 years IT security experience
- 2+ years leading a cybersecurity program
- Security certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, GIAC and/or SSCP
- Extensive experience with regulatory compliance standards and cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST, ISO, SOX, GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, COBIT and PCI DSS
- Advanced knowledge and use of security tools and controls (active directory services, anti-virus/anti-malware, endpoint detection and response, network access control, data loss prevention, privileged access, firewall management, and security information and event management)
- Experience in strategic planning, budget management and project management
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously, while setting and hitting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into business terms
- Exceptional customer service skills with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business and technical acumen, preferably with a manufacturing background
- Strong experience with cloud technologies
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor