- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Reporting to the Lead Tooling Engineer, this position will be responsible for executing the writing of programs for all CNC equipment in the toolroom which includes (4) 3-axis vertical mills, (1) 4-axis Vertical Machine Center, (2) 2-axis Turning Centers-limited, (1) Ram-type EDM, and provide machinist/toolmakers with setup sheets coordinating with the Lead Tooling Engineer for proper scheduling and priority. The primary work involved in the toolroom is mold-making, so there will be an emphasis on precision. This is a salaried position on the day shift, and it is not eligible for overtime. There is a bonus target assigned to this role. The hours are 8:00-5:00 or 8:00-4:30 (depending on length of lunch break).
- Read technical drawings and have an understanding of machine set-up, capabilities, etc. to provide finished parts to required spec.
- Sharing designs with colleagues and implementing any relevant feedback in the new designs.
- Developing time/cost efficient toolpaths to allow for optimal machine operation.
- Gathering feedback and offering guidance with machinist/operators to ensure overall performance.
- Participate in new tooling projects to offer feedback on project strategy
- Consider tools required for specific projects. Catalog machine carousels with high volume tooling.
- Maintain cutter inventory, order consumables when necessary.
- Participate in developing better quality tooling and continuous improvement especially on resolving quality defects.
- Develop measurement methods and regularly review dimensional reports on tools to ensure dimensional compliance to internal and external requirements
- Promotes a culture of safety and continuous improvement towards a world-class standard
- CAM software experience is required, with preferred experience using Powermill, PowerInspect, & Fusion 360.
- Machining background required, mold making experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints/technical drawings
- Understanding of GD&T
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at troubleshooting and resolving mechanical problems in the shop
- Certificate of completion from technical school in CNC machining/programming is desirable.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well with others and possibly train others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- CAM software experience, preferably using Powermill, PowerInspect, & Fusion 360. (Open to others)
- CAD skills are desirable-Creo/ProE
- MS Office
- Exposure to standards like ISO 9000 or SQF
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor