- Job Function:
- Supply Chain
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
The New Product Development (NPD) Category Manager is the primary NPD team member with responsibility of sourcing components, finding new sources for critical items, to support new product development prototypes, qualification testing and production builds. As a cross functional team member, you will also work with Strategic Sourcing Category Managers to ensure preferred suppliers are used in production after the product has been released. Responsibilities include negotiating contracts with new strategic sources to ensure best pricing, delivery and quality for G&W while working with Global Quality and Strategic Sourcing Managers on content for the contracts. You will lead the handoff to tactical purchasing once the product is launched to support material availability, quality levels, and desired end-product lead times.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Product Engineering functions to establish and follow a robust design process-based NPD guideline, including the improvement of new product development programs and speed-to-profit.
- Recommend potential product and design cost improvements that may arise from projects, audits, tests, service returns, or supply chain processes and procedures.
- Recommend potential product, design, and manufacturing (Including additive manufacturing and other methods) processes to improve prototype and pre-production build timing
- Tactically manage the all supplied product needs for NPD to meet required quality, cost, and delivery objectives
- Effectively work with supply base to meet critical NPD timelines
- Actively manage change throughout the NPD process with key functions and supply base
- Keep abreast of changing technologies, including design advances, material developments, industry design standards, equipment, and techniques.
- Develop suppliers to adhere to G&W’s PPAP and part characterization processes
- Take daily corrective action to ensure all project milestones and deliverables are met on time
- Manage the supply chain responsibilities across multiple cross functional teams
- GANTT chart tracked progress of project activities, ensure key development milestones are achieved, and ensure program proceeds based on the agreed upon timeline
- Maintain “overall picture” of the project supply chain and provide/negotiate resolution to potential issues internally and externally to prevent delay to project timeline
- Monitors performance of supply chain and recommends scope, schedule, cost or resource adjustments; connects short-term demands to long-term implications, in alignment with the supporting business case
- Provides input to contracts, reviews contracts to ensure completeness of scope and appropriate accountability based on role and/or responsibility
- Anticipate project/program risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans Resolve internal and external team conflict to ensure adherence to project schedule.
- Supply Chain Project Management experience; Project Management experience launching new products is preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ Project Management, Process design, integration and development experience is critical
- Project Management experience; familiarity with Lean Six sigma principles/Operational Excellence
- Experience with financial analysis and recommendations on cost savings
- Experience working in a Global company environment
- Experience creating workflows in Visio
- Intermediate level of experience with Excel
- Ability to lead in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams
- Solid business and technical acumen
- Versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure and fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and financial planning skills
- Must have proficiency with MS Project and timeline preparation and maintenance
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker
- Candidate must possess excellent team building, training and facilitation skills
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to management
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor