- Job Function:
- IT, Ferrara (FE), Ferrara (FE)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
G&W Buyers negotiate pricing, vendor selection and/or development, generate and manage purchases and coordinate deliveries to meet production requirements.
ESSENTIAL DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS:
- Negotiating cost reductions
- Vendor evaluation, selection and reduction
- Obtain quotations and perform quotation comparisons
- Eliminate part shortages
- Reduce Inventories
- Assist with Supply Chain objectives
- Generate and manage purchase orders
- Assist Planner as needed
- Support the world class metrics
- Reduce supply base.
- Process NCRs and eliminate part rejects from suppliers.
- Assist in determining and maintain Kanban process
- Developing and monitoring supplier partnerships
- Facilitating resolution of vendor related quality issues
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Minimum four year Bachelor of Arts degree preferably in business or engineering.
- Previous experience in purchasing management/supply chain management in a manufacturing setting required
- Experience in a “make to order” or “engineer to order” manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong ERP knowledge and background in supplier management and negotiations; JDE a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word and Excel and good communication skills.