- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Since 1905, G&W Electric has helped power the world with innovative power systems solutions and products. With the introduction of the first disconnectable cable terminating device in the early 1900s, G&W began to build a reputation for engineering creative solutions to meet the needs of systems designers. Solutions which today have extended far beyond cable accessory products and into the latest in solid dielectric and SF6 insulated switchgear, solid dielectric insulated reclosers, system protection equipment, distribution automation solutions, and distribution and transmission cable accessories. Located in Bolingbrook, Illinois, USA, the plant covers over 371,000 square feet and represents a showplace of modern engineering, manufacturing and marketing technology.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The G&W Buyer acts as a subject matter expert and utilizes independent judgment with a high level of accuracy and category expertise to implement appropriate inventory and purchasing tactics. Responsible for managing the supply chain for purchased material including processes and procedures from the establishment of suppliers through the payment of material. Works with suppliers to meet delivery expectations and control/reduce lead times.
ESSENTIAL DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS:
- Generate and manage purchase orders
- Obtain quotations and perform quotation comparisons
- Vendor evaluation, selection and reduction
- Lead and facilitate Change Management Projects
- Determine procurement and inventory management strategies
- Facilitate resolution of vendor-related quality issues
- Develop and monitor supplier partnerships
- Assist Planner as needed
- Assist with Supply Chain objectives; risk mitigation, continuous improvement, cost reduction type projects
- Support the world-class metrics
- Reconciles invoice/purchase order discrepancies
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or engineering.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in purchasing management/supply chain management in a manufacturing setting required
- Experience in a “make to order” or “engineer to order” manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience using JD Edwards (JDE)
- Strong background in supplier and inventory management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious manner
- Possesses superior analytical skills and communication skills
- Ability to foster supplier relationships
- Must effectively exercise independent judgment and decision making
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism and persistence.
- Possesses strong inventory control principles
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation, and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance, and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success.
G&W offers a competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience, as well as an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, short term/long term disability, life insurance, and a 401(K) retirement plan.