- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
G&W Buyers negotiate pricing, vendor selection, and/or development, generate and manage purchases, and coordinate deliveries to meet production requirements.
- Negotiating cost reductions.
- Vendor evaluation, selection, and reduction.
- Obtain quotations and perform quotation comparisons.
- Lead and facilitate Change Management Projects.
- Implement procurement and inventory management strategies.
- Eliminate part shortages.
- Reduce Inventories.
- Assist with Supply Chain objectives.
- Generate and manage purchase orders.
- Assist Planner as needed.
- Support the world-class metrics.
- Process NCRs and eliminate part rejects from suppliers.
- Assist in determining and maintaining the Kanban process.
- Developing and monitoring supplier partnerships.
- Facilitating resolution of vendor-related quality issues.
- Reconciles invoice and purchase order discrepancies.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Engineering or a related field or an Associate’s with a minimum of 5 years of work experience required. APICS or CPM certification highly preferred.
- Previous experience in purchasing management/supply chain management in a manufacturing setting is required.
- Experience in a “make to order” or “engineer to order” manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong ERP knowledge and background in supplier management and negotiations; JDE a plus.
- A minimum of 25% travel will be required.
- Computer skills, including MS Word and Excel, including proficient use of macros, v-look-up, and pivot tables, and good communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious manner.
- Possesses superior analytical skills and communication skills.
- Ability to foster supplier relationships.
- Must effectively exercise independent judgment and decision-making.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism and persistence.
- Possesses strong inventory control principles.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor