Business Analyst, Engineering Applications
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: Business Analyst is responsible for providing technical, implementation, testing, requirement gathering and enterprise system design support for G&W Electric’s global Product Lifecycle Management system, PTC’s Windchill.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Designers to implement, maintain and improve the quality and efficiency of the PDM/PLM tools
- Gather user feedback and implement appropriate process improvements, best user practices and training either as an individual mentor or in group settings.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and information resource for design applications globally across the company.
- Provide recommendations for design platform, computer recommendations and general design software improvements
- Manage CAD/PLM licenses & budget.
- Project manager for all system upgrades.
- Planning the coordination for application administration tasks such as installation, upgrades, testing and validation.
- Stay abreast with current CAD and industry trends, annually make recommendations, and perform risk analysis
- Recommend best practices to manage and maintain standard parts library for electrical and mechanical teams
- Troubleshooting between multiple systems, maintain production in 800+ user environment.
- Team Leader: advises and coordinates team efforts to completion; answers questions functioning as an expert resource; maintains assignment completion schedules. Performs the same tasks as others within the team along with some higher-level tasks.
- Project Leader/Manager: Plans and organizes the resources necessary to complete a project utilizing the necessary principles, techniques, and tools used in planning, control, monitoring, and review of projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, GIS, Engineering, etc.)
- 2-5 years of experience with application development, testing, and application enhancement processes.
- Experience interfacing between Engineering and Information Technology (IT) professionals to define requirements for CAD software and hardware optimization.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor