Automation Controls Engineer
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
The Advanced Controls Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting automation initiatives at G&W’s manufacturing facilities. The Advanced Controls Engineer will also be responsible for training factory and support staff on implemented equipment and technology.
- Lead G&W in updating our production data recording and retrieval processes.
- Develop management execution systems (MES) to provide real-time production status to manufacturing management.
- Lead and Assist with integration and programming of robotics and automation projects.
- Develop and implement automation and integration methods that improve G&W operations.
- Work with lean and manufacturing engineers on production line improvements.
- Assist production staff with training and maintenance of automation systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer/Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years of related work experience, OR 7-10 years of work experience in production automation in lieu of degree
- Experience in writing PLC codes for Rockwell (Allen-Bradley), Siemens, GE, and other industry standard PLC platforms.
- Experience in writing HMI code using Wonderware, FactoryTalk View (RSView), and other industry standard graphical interfaces.
- 3 plus years of experience “hands on” low to medium volume assembly process improvements and practical quality improvement implementation.
- Demonstrated problem solving, team facilitating, and project management skills.
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with Kuka robotics.
- Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Statistical process control experience
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor