Associate Product Manager – Overhead Switchgear
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Associate Product Manager (Overhead) position provides Product Management of switching products, including all global sales & manufacturing locations for overhead products. This role will partner closely with the Product Manager to increase product line revenues and margin dollars by developing strategies to identify growth markets and grow our business within key identified markets.
- Assist in development a 5-year plan to revenue target / market share including product needs, cost targets to support pricing and margin needs.
- Assist in developing market outlook conditions, including SAM (Serviceable Available Markets), TAM (Total Available Markets), CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate).
- Research market needs, identify product gaps and initiate new product development programs.
- Create programs to increase our value to end users.
- Identify large strategic opportunities for extending product line.
- Create and maintain a communication and tracking mechanism with our sales team, both direct and rep to achieve our goals for new products.
- Oversee development of a rolling 1-year tactical plan for new products and measure execution.
- Monitor industry trends that will impact product requirements.
- Define product requirements and translate customer needs into engineering specifications.
- Develop a 1-year sales plan by region with sales department for new products.
- Monitor Customer Satisfaction and implement applicable actions to improve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years of technical experience in a sales or product management role.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfortable with specification type products.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Customer-facing experience.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- International experience
- Experience in Power Distribution segment of the electrical industry
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor