Associate Product Manager – Overhead
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Associate Product Manager (Overhead) position provides Product Management of switching products, including all global sales & manufacturing locations for overhead products. This role will partner closely with the Product Manager to increase product line revenues and margin dollars by developing strategies to identify growth markets and grow our business within key identified markets.
- Assist in development a 5-year plan to revenue target / market share including product needs, cost targets to support pricing and margin needs.
- Assist in developing market outlook conditions, including SAM (Serviceable Available Markets), TAM (Total Available Markets), CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate).
- Research market needs, identify product gaps and initiate new product development programs.
- Create programs to increase our value to end users.
- Identify large strategic opportunities for extending product line.
- Create and maintain a communication and tracking mechanism with our sales team, both direct and rep to achieve our goals for new products.
- Oversee development of a rolling 1-year tactical plan for new products and measure execution.
- Monitor industry trends that will impact product requirements.
- Define product requirements and translate customer needs into engineering specifications.
- Develop a 1-year sales plan by region with sales department for new products.
- Monitor Customer Satisfaction and implement applicable actions to improve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years of technical experience in a sales or product management role.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfortable with specification type products.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Customer-facing experience.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- International experience
- Experience in Power Distribution segment of the electrical industry
Physical Demands / Working Conditions: .
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor