Assembler I (6:00pm to 6:00am)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
This position works an overnight shift from 6:00pm to 6:00am on a two week rotating pattern for the entire year. In one week, you work 5 days and the next, 2 with every other weekend off. You will receive a $2.00 shift differential. Pay for the position starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
Perform a variety of sub-assembly and/or assembly operations of basic complexity.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Assist in the building of prototypes and/or other basic assembly projects outside of normal production as needed
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of basic assembly tasks as needed
- Inspect all work and ensure it meets requirements prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safely use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret Drawings and Bills of Material
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to read instructions and understand verbal instructions in English
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 0-1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor