Assembler I – 2nd Shift
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Perform a variety of repetitive sub-assembly and assembly operations of moderate complexity. This is a 1st shift position with the hours of 1:30 – 10:00PM. Starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Resolve routine assembly problems, notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources as necessary
- Assist in the building of prototypes and/or other moderately complex assembly projects outside or normal production as needed
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of moderately complex assembly tasks as needed
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Inspect all work and ensure it meets requirements prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret Drawings and Bills of Material
- Must have basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot routine assembly problems
- Must be able to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 2 or more years prior experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%). Must be able to pass a respiratory fitness exam and wear a respirator if needed.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participa en el proceso de E-Verify con todas las contrataciones nuevas.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor