Application Engineering Manager
- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
Position Summary: Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Sales & Customer Care, the Application Engineering Manager role provides direct guidance, leadership, and direction to the Inside Sales/Applications Engineering team. This role provides guidance and direction on both technical and commercial issues, and is accountable for the Daily Management and Metrics associated with the team. The role manages the day to day functions of our Application Engineering (AE) Team as well as the Customer Service Representative functions.
- Support, develop, motivate, and engage the team through coaching and mentoring
- Provide guidance and direction on both technical and commercial issues
- Supervise Inside Sales Team to create detailed and accurate quotations, specification reviews, order processing and order management
- Promotes and leads team continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives for department, as identified through daily management and problem solving activities
- Manage team scheduling and order flow throughput improvement activities, along with overall sales order status. Manage team workload and issues
- Use Daily Management techniques to monitor quote responsiveness, proposal quality and order entry
- Implement process improvements programs for the department, training programs for new hires and ongoing department / team member developmental growth
- Partnering with external customers and our Engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfies the application.
- Elevation point for any quote issues that arise.
- Reviewing daily management reports, ensuring a proper work flow, and assigning/shifting resources as necessary to meet business needs.
- Gathering data, analyzing and reporting departmental metrics. This role is responsible for making corrective action and procedural recommendations to the department RVP and assisting in executing them.
- Reviewing all large opportunity sales strategies prior to being presented for approval.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Responsible for providing performance feedback, completing formal assessments, putting corrective action in place when necessary and driving individual development/training plans.
- Accountable for the quality of the AEs specification review, cost model, quote document, switchgear check sheets and purchase order review functions.
- Coach and mentor the team to provide timely responses to both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a focus on Power Engineering is an asset. Equivalent job experience in the Power Industry can substitute for a Power Engineering focus.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team.
- Strong technical knowledge and a strong grasp of commercial issues
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent command of the English language
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and build solid relationships
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Bilingual (French and English) considered an asset
- 3-5 years of Application Engineering experience in a Power Engineering company is an asset
- Strong customer interaction and customer service skills
- Switchgear or utility market experience an asset
Manager: Responsible for day-to-day performance of a group ~ 4 + employees, along with performance management decisions. Guides/monitors group toward its goals ensures employee’s productivity, resolve problems, has authority to change work roles and work distribution. Responsible for genuine input regarding Human Resources matters of significance: e.g. participates in selection of new employees, provides meaningful input to performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations etc.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
Why G&W Electric?
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
To learn more about our company view this video: https://youtu.be/pX1axYRSpYQ
G&W offers the following benefits:
- Generous Profit Sharing with RRSP Program paid quarterly
- Management Bonus
- Competitive vacation package plus floater days
- Annual performance increases
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (all paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Succession Planning
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, and many more.
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.