Application Engineer II
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, this position plays a critical role within our organization. The Application Engineer II is responsible for the interpretation of customer specifications and. The Application Engineer II analyzes technical specifications and drawings to select the most appropriate G&W product for the application -ranging from simple to complex applications. An appreciation for deep technical knowledge of the product and application are needed to excel in this position as well as an equal balance of negotiation and relationship building skills. The Application Engineer II position builds upon the person’s past AE experience by adding a strong teaching and mentoring component. As an Application Engineer II at G&W, you can develop your skills into several different career paths within the organization. This role provides the necessary foundation to support your career development into other business areas such as product management, field sales, after-market support, management, and operations.
- Ensure all application engineering procedures are being followed by AEs during onboarding
- Provide input to Lead Application Engineer regarding performance of Application Engineer I in training against their job requirements and performance to goals
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills. Training and on boarding will be an essential part of the workday
- Fully and accurately determine the technical and commercial requirements of the application
- Select the appropriate G&W product to meet these requirements
- Develop accurate cost models for both standard and custom equipment
- Determine price levels and lead times
- Communicate requirements to G&W’s internal teams for engineering and manufacturing
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and present customer sales strategies
- Partner with customers and our Engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfies the application
- Manage the commercial and technical aspects of the customer
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication to our internal resources and Sales Team
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from four-year college
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales engineering role, or 8 years of sales engineering experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- A concentration in Power Engineering is preferred
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor