Application Engineer I
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Application Engineer I
Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, Application Engineers play a critical role within our organization. They are responsible for the interpretation of customer specifications and power requirements. The Application Engineer analyzes technical specifications and drawings to select the most appropriate G&W product for the application. Our custom engineering capabilities allow for creative solutions that allow us to satisfy nearly any application. An appreciation for deep technical knowledge of the product and application are needed to excel in this position as well as an equal balance of negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Fully determine the technical and commercial requirements of the application.
- Select the appropriate G&W product to meet these requirements.
- Develop accurate cost models for both standard and custom equipment.
- Determine and negotiate price levels and lead times.
- Communicate these requirements to G&W’s Order Management team for engineering and manufacturing.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and present customer sales strategies.
- Partner with customers and our Engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfy their needs.
- Manage the commercial and technical aspects of the customer.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication to our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from four-year accredited college – A concentration in Power Engineering is highly desired.
- Strong computer proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with switchgear, reclosers, SF6 insulated and dielectric insulated switches.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor