Aftermarket Engineer I
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
The Aftermarket Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting with technical evaluations and reporting, JDE data entry, weekly and monthly productivity reporting. Coordinates RGA (Returned Goods Authorization) releases with planning for major cases. This role will be based at our global HQ in Bolingbrook, IL, which houses our office and largest manufacturing plant. Will spend time on the production floor troubleshooting issues.
- Perform root cause analysis on returned G&W hardware.
- Perform order type changes based on analysis of RMA’s.
- Track and manage data collection of all major cases.
- Assist with compiling the data used for customer communications (webinars, presentations) with respect to major cases.
- Prioritize and coordinate scheduling, with RMA Manager, for all RGA’s (Underground, Overhead, and electronics) to improve departmental turnaround time.
- Provide timely written, customer facing, technical reports.
- Identify and communicate potential design, manufacturing, and process improvements to eliminate systemic issues in the support of continuous improvement.
- Maintain strong support for and interact with outside sale representatives, customers, and end users by providing technical and product support for G&W products and services.
- Work with cross functional teams at all levels of the G&W organization to resolve complex issues related to the design and application of G&W products.
- Assist in coordinating repair of damaged product with manufacturing, planning, applications engineering, and quality.
- Backup and assist the product support team by answering G&W technical support calls and responding to technical support emails as required. Assist Sr. Engineer with review of RMA’s
- Assist AE’s with technical questions. Confer with engineering and/or vendors when necessary.
- Work with customer service and RMA personnel to facilitate RMA evaluation and repair quotes.
- Accurately process all required paperwork and other reporting functions for approval.
- Assist the Sr Engineer with the training of new employees.
- Assist the Sr Engineer with the weekly RMA team safety discussions.
- Assist the Sr Engineer to facilitate the weekly RMA Report Review Meetings with Exec Staff.
- Manage all training (WI, Proc, Forms) documents as ETQ Super User for RMA department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other related discipline and 1+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated root cause analysis / problems solving skills.
- Must be able to travel within the United States and Internationally (5%).
- Ability to create customer friendly technical and semi technical reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs required.
- JD Edwards or equivalent business systems experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor