Advanced Manufacturing Engineer II
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: Reporting to the AME Manager, this position will be responsible for managing cross-functional projects delivering a continuous improvement of our safety, quality, delivery, and cost through the elimination of waste from our production processes, launching new products/processes into operations, and by educating and empowering our production staff.
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering projects. Preparation of detailed project plans with estimated project task hours and timelines for development, production, validation, and launch. Will be responsible for on-time, on-budget delivery of projects
- Oversee research and development of new manufacturing equipment, processes, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Improve manufacturing processes through review of all engineering deliverables for technical accuracy and adherence to engineering standards and project schedules.
- Interact with Design Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain teams to ensure design for manufacturability of new products. Participates in the design review process, and acts as a liaison for products from inception through shipment to the customer.
- Will be involved in New product launches. Review new product design and work with design engineering to identify areas for improved product manufacturability, reduced manufacturing cost, and improved process reliability. Provide manufacturing feasibility during various phases of new products and new technologies.
- Identify new opportunities for process improvement. Analyze capital equipment needs for new technologies and business needs. Investigate, plan, and implement such capital projects.
- Design and implement tooling and fixtures focused on error-proofing to eliminate waste in the manufacturing process and make operations safer.
- Conducts/leads or participates in Process Mapping, FMEA, RIE’S and 8 Step Problem Solving, Quality Control Plan development, DFM, initiatives to promote and ensure that processes are continuously improved
- Assist in the hiring, training, and mentoring of manufacturing engineers and support staff to work to their full potential.
- Support G&W manufacturing transformation to Industry 4.0 and Advanced Automation solutions.
- Create and improve G&W project delivery process and standard tools used in delivering Advanced Automation solutions.
- Review and write reports, approve expenditures, enforce rules. Recommend, plan and direct installation of new equipment. Communicate and collaborate with other managers and departments. Prepare and deliver engineering-related presentations as required.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or related Engineering field
- 5+ years total experience.
- Computer proficient; confident with data analysis programs.
- Problem-solving skills with experience using root cause analysis techniques.
- Examples of new product production integration or significant operational improvement projects.
- Project management and leadership ability
- Six Sigma, Red X, or other problem-solving certification
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of the organization structure.
- CAD/CAM experience.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor