Microgrids from Concept to Installation – The G&W Electric story
Date: October 14
As microgrids become more prevalent across global power networks and become a critical tool in the shift towards a future with more reliable and resilient sources of energy, there are some important considerations that must be kept in mind when determining the need for a microgrid. In this session, you will learn about G&W Electric’s microgrid project being installed at the Bolingbrook, Illinois headquarters campus. We will explore the following:
• Why is G&W Electric investing in their own microgrid?
• What factors should be taken into consideration in your planning?
• What roadblocks should you be aware of?
• What critical components make up a solid microgrid?
• What are the benefits for all players involved?
Time: October 14, 2021, 7:00 pm CDT (1 hour)
Speaker: Kate Cummings, Manager, Power Grid Automation at G&W Electric
CEU/PDH credits provided